Sunday, September 22, 2019

Watching The White Sox - Tigers Game With Mark



I invited my friend Mark over to my condo last night to watch the Chicago White Sox - Detroit Tigers baseball game on MLB.TV.  As I have mentioned before, due to the invention of "dynamic pricing" for sports events, it is now cheaper to buy a year's subscription to MLB.TV and watch every Chicago White Sox game (and if really desperate, a Chicago Cubs game) this season than to buy a ticket for the worst seat in the house and attend the Colorado Rockies home opener.  As far as I am concerned, the choice is a no brainer. The Rockies are rewarding what they call "the greatest fans in baseball" by trying to bleed them dry. In any case, Mark is a Detroit Tigers fan (his father is from Michigan), and since I grew up on the south side of Chicago, I am of course a die hard White Sox fan.  Happily (for me at least), the White Sox won the game, and for that matter, Friday night's contest, too, by a score of 10-1. And by the way, I took the above photograph of Mark, who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library) standing on the balcony of my condo, with DU's Ritchie Center in the background.  And please don't get me started about DU, my former employer - let's just stick to baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment