Saturday, September 7, 2019

The First Friday Of September





Yesterday was the first Friday of September, and as usual, I headed over to Santa Fe Drive here in Denver for the monthly art walk.  I arrived there and stayed later than I usually do, which is probably the reason the galleries seemed so much more crowded.  I was happy to see that there were fewer empty storefronts than earlier in the year.  The large space that was once John Fielder's Photography Gallery is now populated by a variety of artists showing off their works, and the inside actually looks pretty nice, despite being a bit spartan, as seen in the photo on the left.




The Denver Art Society Gallery, which also features large numbers of artists displaying their work, was so crowded I could hardly move around in there. In addition to the artwork, there was also a musical group, seen in the photograph on the right.  I am not sure why the crowd was so large.  Were they there for the art or the music? Surely they couldn't all be relatives? To be frank, much of the art was not that good, and neither was the music, for that matter. Perhaps, I thought, they were they giving away free beer.  I looked around with high hopes, but was sadly disappointed, and so left for a less crowded venue.








Which I did not find at Metamorphosis, which was featuring the work of Matt Worldly, and also packed to the rafters.  As I said before, much of the work in the galleries on Santa Fe Drive is not all that good, and much of it is just plain weird. Of course, that is just my opinion.  Perhaps others look at artwork such as in the photograph on the left and find it brilliant.  If so, for God's sake please tell me why.





No comments:

Post a Comment