Sunday, March 22, 2020

All Restaurants In Florida Are Now Closed





I saw via the internet that all the restaurants in Florida were closed by the order of the governor this past Friday.  What are all those spring breakers going to do, poor things? Like here in Colorado, these establishments can still do takeouts and deliveries, but to be honest - especially in Florida - it is just not the same. After all, in Stuart, Florida, where my mother Mary lived for almost 30 years, the ambiance of dining along the water is just as important as the food.  As Exhibit A, I show the photograph on the left of my mother Mary and sister Susan in front of the the Pirate's Loft in Port Salerno, Florida after dining there many years ago.





Another favorite restaurant of ours was The Prawnbroker, where I took the photograph of my mother Mary, seen in the photo on the right, and Elaine, her longtime next door neighbor (and seen on the left in the photograph). Located near the inter-coastal waterway in Stuart, this is one very popular restaurant.  I believe I took the photo when my mother was living with me in Denver, and we would go back to Stuart at least several times a year to visit.  Hopefully all those great restaurants will survive this closure and reopen soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment