Sunday, March 15, 2020

Burgers And Beers With Wally!





Wally, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore colleague (seen in the photograph on the left), invited me over to his place last night for beers and burgers cooked out on the grill. His wife Linda was going out with friends, and so he invited me over to tell me about his recent adventures visiting friends in Ten Sleep, Wyoming and Red Lodge, Montana.  He stayed overnight at the home of his old high school pal in Ten Sleep, and woke up the next morning to find six inches of snow on the ground, and no sign of it stopping.  One good reason  not to visit Wyoming during the winter (September through June).



Once Wally got back on Interstate 25, heading north, the snow ended, and it was a smooth drive to Red Lodge, where his friend, who owns a ranch there, recently had an operation and needed help while he recovered. While someone else fed the ranch's 16 horses in the main pasture, it was Wally's job to feed the two old horses in the barn. However, those two old horses wandered into the main pasture with the others, and Wally had no idea which ones were the ones he had to feed.  At long last, the two older horses wandered back to the barn, and all was well.  Wally also was responsible for feeding his friend's two dogs, which was much easier for Wally, since he has a dog of his own - Sailor - seen in the photograph on the right, lounging on a living room chair - to Linda's horror- when she returned from her get-together.





Wally and Linda also have a cat named Stella (seen in the photo on the left), whom I found to be amazingly friendly - for a cat, that is. Linda offered to let me take her home, but I politely declined. I know pet owners feel like pets are their children, but as I have learned from visits to my apartment from my sister Susan's dogs Tutu and Blackberry, pets are definitely NOT like children.  As far as I know, children do not urinate on your sofa, like Tutu did when Susan and the dogs came over at Christmas.  Not that I am bitter about that.  No - not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment