Thursday, March 12, 2020

My Father's Birthday









Today would have been my father Nelson's 111th birthday if he were alive today.  Sadly, he passed away back in 1983, after 7 happy years of retirement with my mother Mary in Stuart, Florida.  My sister Susan and I would visit them there once or twice a year, and we would often take trips to such nearby places as Key West, Sanibel Island, St. Augustine, Savannah, Georgia, and Charleston, South Carolina, where I took the photograph on the left of my father back in 1979.  At the time I took that photo, my father was 70 years old, a mere 3 years older that I am today.  Definitely makes you think.  And this photo also shows exactly how I remember him. How wonderful is that? Thank God for photographs. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment