Wednesday, February 2, 2022

From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters


I took my sister Susan to the Campus Lounge - located in Denver's Bonnie Brae neighborhood - last week to celebrate her 80th birthday (she actually wanted to go to Paris to celebrate, but happily settled for the Campus Lounge). As we were walking into the place, I noticed a Hamm's Beer truck parked outside. It was a converted milk truck, had beer taps on the side, and images of the Hamm's Beer Bear on the back, as seen in the photograph above. Talk about a great nostalgia item. I researched that truck on the internet, and evidently there are a number of these vehicles still around. Did they use them to deliver Hamm's Beer to households every morning, just like the milkman? Beats the hell out of me. All I know for sure is that I just loved those Hamm's Beer commercials featuring that bear and the "land of sky blue waters" jingle. Be sure to check out the commercial I found on the internet at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZC3NUdjtug.

No comments:

Post a Comment