Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Moose Is Loose, At Least At Spanky's


I got together with my friends Mark and Wally for happy hour at Spanky's - located just to the west of the University of Denver campus - last Saturday, and was surprised to see the "moose" in the photograph above going from table to table with his handler. Evidently, they were promoting a new beer in town called Outlaw Mile Hi Light Beer. Their slogan was "Party with Marty," which I assume is the name of the moose. Everyone in the place got a free round, which must have pleased all those DU students enjoying happy hour. I gave it a try, and it tasted pretty good for a light beer, although I couldn't figure out who brewed it. The can was stamped Elite Brands, which is a distributor, not a brewer. Have they branched out into actual beer making, or are they trying to hide who the actual brewer is? I hope to hell I wasn't drinking Old Style. I gave that up years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment