Thursday, February 3, 2022

Snow And Cold Gets Pretty Old...




It has been a cold and snowy January here in Denver, and February has not started out any better. Yesterday we received almost 8 inches of snow, and the overnight low was 6 below zero. Of course, it is a dry cold, and like a dry heat, you probably aren't supposed to feel it as much. Yeah. Right. In any case, once the snow lightened up in the afternoon, I went out to run a few errands, and took the photograph on the left as I was waiting for the light to change as I approached Washington Park.



As I have mentioned many times before, Washington Park is a beautiful neighborhood, and I envy anyone who is able to have a home around there. At one time, I considered buying a one-bedroom condo in the Park Lane, right across the street from the park, and seen in the background of the photo on the right, but quickly realized it wasn't nearly as nice an apartment as the one I was currently living in, across the street from the University of Denver. I decided to pass on it. Eventually, the building I lived in went condo, and I was able to purchase a two-bedroom unit there. It is a mere 20-minute walk away from Wash Park, and so I have no right to complain, even though that is one of my favorite things to do.



As I drove along the park, I noticed that the snow and cold did not deter some people from walking their dogs or doing a little cross-country skiing, as seen in the photo on the left. I considered parking in the lot near South High School and walking through the park for a while, but as I passed that lot, there were cars driving around at high-speeds and going into skids, and also a car pulling someone behind it on skis. That person promptly fell on his or her face and remained lying there, hopefully not seriously injured. And then I remembered the old saying that "you would have to be crazy to be out in weather like this," and decided to head home before those crazies and I crossed paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment