Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is Wally A Former Hippie?



Wally - pictured above providing his inimitable customer service - surprised me quite a bit this afternoon after I mentioned that I would soon be traveling to San Francisco. Wally told me that he had attended San Francisco State and lived in San Francisco during the "Summer of Love" (1967 to you youngsters). I asked him if was a hippie back then, and he said no - he had short hair and a part-time job in a women's apparel store selling "scarfs" (by which he probably means lingerie). But seriously - attending San Francisco State and living in San Francisco during the "Summer of Love" and not being a hippie? No way! Wally then told me he left San Francisco State and quit the job in lady's lingerie after that summer to join the navy. He requested he be stationed in the Bay area, and he actually did wind up being sent there. Groovy!

No comments:

Post a Comment