Thursday, September 20, 2012

Coffee With Ed!


Ed stopped by the DU Bookstore yesterday morning to say hello.  Ed was the University of Denver Bookstore's Director for over 10 years and went on to become Director of Business Services for the University before retiring a few years ago.  Over coffee Ed told me he is really enjoying retirement.  He  represents his neighborhood association in Lakewood, runs his condo's Home Owner's Association up in Frisco, and serves on the Board of the University of Denver's Resource Center for Retired University Personnel.  I recently received the Retiree Directory from the University and was surprised to see that I know and have worked with almost everyone listed there.  I've been wondering why none of them come into the Bookstore so much any more.  All my peers seem to be retired, but here I am, still working at the DU Bookstore.  It makes me realize how incredibly young I must have been when I started working here.

No comments:

Post a Comment