Saturday, September 8, 2012

Free Art!


Today was a free day at the Denver Art Museum, and I was able to get down there for the first time in three months.  Unfortunately, the entire third floor of the Hamilton Building was closed due to a "membership event," which probably involved drinking themselves silly at the open bar.  Another gallery on the second floor was closed in preparation for the Vincent Van Gogh exhibit next month.  The photography gallery featured an exhibit entitled "Gary Winogrand: Women Are Beautiful." It is a great show, but has been on display now for 8 months.  Still, beggars can't be choosers, and it was good to be able to see some old favorites, such as the painting above, featuring (from left to right) swimming coach Charlie Salva, myself, and the artist of the painting, Joan Brown.  I for one certainly feel I got my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment