Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Great Debate Is Near!


The first presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney is a mere four weeks away.  The debate will take place in the Ritchie Center on the University of Denver campus, directly across the street from where I live (see photograph above).  On the up side, I will be able to watch all the television reporters doing their stand up broadcasts from my balcony.  On the down side, my street will be closed for three days and I will have to find an alternative place to park.  Not only that, but there is also the chance of being hassled on your way home from work each day by the secret service - when they aren't out cruising for hookers, of course.  All this for a debate that is costing a fortune and will feature two candidates attacking the other's character for 90 minutes.  But I am not bitter.  Very much, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment