Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wally Promotes The Rocky Mountain Churchillians



Wally, my friend and colleague at the DU Bookstore, is a member of the Rocky Mountain Churchillians, a group that is dedicated to the study of all things Churchill.  Wally has been a bit worried lately that people are losing interest in the group, and is hoping they can attract some new members - get some new blood into the organization. Personally, I think the whole Ward Churchill thing hurt the group pretty hard.  Plus, Wally tells me that the Churchillians do not have an open bar at the 2 or 3 events they hold each year.  If they did, I know I and a lot of my friends would definitely attend their gatherings.  This November the group will be celebrating Winston Churchill's 138th birthday at the University Club here in Denver.  Come on, Blog Readers!  Join up and make plans to attend!  If you don't, the Rocky Mountain Churchillians might be celebrating Churchill's next birthday out on the curb with a couple of 6 packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment