Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Checking In With John


John - a DU Bookstore employee and a student at the University of Denver - is working towards getting his teaching certificate. He tells me he spent last weekend studying chemistry and pet-sitting for a co-worker.  John said the dog - a boxer - growled at him at first, but he won it over by bribing it with treats. John said it was actually a really sweet dog, but he refused to stay overnight with it, just to be on the safe side.  I know what he means. Years ago I was bitten by my Aunt Babe's boxer Ginger.  As I recall, it weighed about 500 pounds, had glowing red eyes, and stared at you with a fierce intensity while growling and baring its sharp, pointed teeth.  Of course, I was only 4 years old at the time, so I might be mis-remembering a few of the details. Perhaps I'm confusing it with Cujo, Steven King's devil dog.  Nevertheless, I am sure they were very similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment