Saturday, February 23, 2013

Computer Guy For A Day


John, my friend and colleague at the DU Bookstore, was "computer guy for a day" yesterday, while Owen, the regular computer salesman, was on vacation.  In addition to knowing a lot about computers, John also likes older things, too.  Instead of a wristwatch, he uses a pocket watch instead, as seen in the photograph above.  A few years ago, when my famously ugly wristwatch was being repaired, I also used a pocket watch for a week or so.  Another Bookstore employee, known for being a bit of a curmudgeon, thought that was hilarious.  I asked what was so funny about it, and he said nothing, if we were back in 1875.  I guess some people just have no respect for either tradition or the past.  Keep using that pocket watch, John.  Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment