Friday, February 1, 2013

Robert Crais Visits The Tattered Cover


I drove over to the Tattered Cover last night after getting off work at the DU Bookstore in order to hear mystery writer Robert Crais talk about his new book "Suspect."  The place was packed.  Fortunately, I was able to find a seat in the second row, although it was kind of cramped.  An older lady was seated directly in front of me.  I had my knees back as far as they could go in the narrow second row, but they still kept touching her coat, which was draped over the back of her chair.  Each time my knees touched her jacket, she turned around and gave me a look that would stop a wildebeest in its tracks.  I was very pleased to see that Crais' talk and autographing session was such a success, but the entire time I kept wondering whether any minute the lady in front of me would turn around and take a swing at me.  I decided not to buy the book, opting instead to leave quickly and avoid a fist fight.  On the bright side, I can always buy the book on the internet for six dollars in another month or so.  Still another advantage of the World Wide Web!  It not only gives you low prices, but you can also avoid ugly incidents!

No comments:

Post a Comment