Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pizza At The Bonnie Brae Tavern


Wally - my friend and colleague at the DU Bookstore - and his wife Linda (seen in the photograph above) treated me to pizza and beer Friday night at the Bonnie Brae Tavern after we attended our co-worker Carol's Opening Night Reception at the SPARK Gallery.  I hadn't seen Linda for a while, and wanted to talk with her about Wally's plans for their retirement.  As faithful readers know, Wally would like to retire to Halifax, Nova Scotia.  He envisions living in a converted warehouse down by the wharf, sitting by the fireplace reading his books, occasionally looking out to sea, while his wife Linda is out driving in the frigid Halifax winter weather, buying groceries, running errands, paying bills...  In the evenings Wally envisions dictating his memoirs to Linda, who would be devotedly taking down his words at the writing stand he has already built for that purpose.  I told Linda it sounded like a great idea, but I don't think she is convinced.  Linda told me if I thought it sounded that great, maybe I should go to Halifax with Wally instead.  On second thought, perhaps it's not such a great idea.  In any case, thanks for the pizza and beer, Linda and Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment