Sunday, April 28, 2013

The "W" Line To Golden Is Up And Running!


Yesterday I rode the "W" train to Golden, Colorado.  The line opened to the public Friday, and Saturday all rides were free - my favorite price!  I walked from the light rail station to downtown Golden and along the way saw rabbits, deer, and other wildlife running free.  Golden is still very much a small town, and everyone there seems to be very friendly.  Whenever I started to cross a street, cars would immediately stop to let me pass.  Coming from the city, that was a little bit unnerving at first.  I kept wondering what they were up to.  In any case, I stopped at the Golden City Brewery (the second largest brewery in Golden) to have a beer, and the place was packed.  Evidently there was some sort of biking event, and many of the patrons were wearing makeshift capes (or in one case giant butterfly wings) and having a beer.  Remember, I said that people in Golden were nice.  I didn't say they weren't weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment