Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yes - Another Retraction


Last week I reported that it was Joe's last day, and he would not be back working at the DU Bookstore until June.  In the spirit of journalistic integrity, I must report that this turned out to be untrue, as the above photograph shows.  In point of fact, Joe will be working three days this week.  He tells me the Bookstore's Assistant Manager made a last minute request for him to stay on this week.  Personally, I think Joe just likes to be featured on this Blog and keeps telling me it is his last day because he knows I will take his photograph.  It kind of reminds me of an employee we had at the Bookstore many years ago named Val.  Val was a cashier at the store, and as I recall, we had three separate going away parties for her.  She just kept coming back, and I actually wound up buying her three going away gifts.  Being a cheapskate, that is something I tend to remember.  I believe Val is currently holed up somewhere on the Pacific Northwest Coast with her loot.  And by the way, Joe, we don't do going away gifts anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment