Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Treasured Item Rediscovered


I had dinner with my friend Valarie - former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore -  last night, and for the second time in a row forgot to take a Blog photograph of her.  Therefore, I am left with having to take a last minute replacement photograph, which in this case is a photograph of my treasured "New Encyclopedic Atlas and Gazetteer of the World," 1917 edition.  I found it in a box while looking for my selective service card from 1971 (don't ask).  I immediately opened it to the map of Europe.  This is not your Rick Steves Europe.  Most of Europe at that time seemed to have been made up of the German Empire and Austria-Hungary.  Plus, Poland did not exist as a nation.  I think I am going to have to stop using this particular atlas  to plan my trips. No wonder I find Europe so confusing.  Back to the Future!

No comments:

Post a Comment