Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Sandlot Brewery


I drove over to Coors Field in Lower Downtown Denver yesterday to pick up Rockies tickets for today's game.  Walking back to my car, I noticed that the doors of the Sandlot Brewery were open.  This was big news, since it has been many years since the place has been open other than during baseball games.  I believe they started that restrictive policy after the Colorado Baseball Riots of 1999.  I didn't recall the reason for the riots, but remembered they were bloody, horrific, and deadly - perhaps involving zombies.  In any case, I went in, ordered a couple of beers listed on the chalk board and marked "special," and looked out at an empty stadium being prepared for tomorrow's game (I remember this as being much more exciting years ago).  Then I closed out the tab.  It was $12.  For two beers. They weren't even pints.  Suddenly I remembered what the Baseball Riots were all about.  You could look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment