Monday, June 24, 2013

Training With Darrel And Bill


I went biking Saturday morning with Darrel (in the photograph on the left) and Bill (on the right), my friends and former colleagues at the DU Bookstore. The ride started in the town of Niwot, just east of Boulder, and was arranged to help Darrel prepare for his upcoming bike ride across Iowa (the RAGBRAI).  I must say that both Bill and Darrel are in pretty good shape.  Me, not so much.  Bill used to race bicycles and Darrel is an accomplished tennis player, so neither seemed to struggle when biking up hills.  And neither one of them admitted to seeing the hooded figure with the scythe that kept staring at me as I biked up those inclines.  No matter - I still made it to the top eventually.  Thanks for the ride guys!  It was fun!      

No comments:

Post a Comment