Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wizards, Musicians, and Mimes, Oh My!


Lately I have been biking into downtown Denver in the late afternoons for the exercise and the people watching.  Once I hit the 16th Street Mall and start walking down its length, it is more or less a free show.  The day before yesterday I actually found myself following a barefoot wizard, complete with long white beard, pointed hat, and walking staff.  As I passed him, I saw he was carrying a sign that announced he would do palm readings for a fee.  There are also plenty of mimes and street musicians on the mall, too.  The mimes and wizards all seem to want money for their photographs, so I usually stick to photographing the musicians.  It would be embarrassing getting into a fistfight with either a mime or a wizard, not to mention the possibility of being put under a spell if it was a particularly bad wizard.  Who needs that?

No comments:

Post a Comment