Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's Ten Degrees Above Zero In Denver - A Cheapskates Dilemma...


It reached a high of ten degrees above zero in Denver Wednesday, and I was scheduled to work outside the entire day in lovely Highlands Ranch, Colorado.  I was forced to make a major financial decision - should I buy thermal underwear, woolen socks, and a stocking cap for $48.61 or risk dying from hypothermia?  I was reminded of that old skit with Jack Benny, where he is accosted by a thief who tells him "Your money or your life." After he hesitates and the thief prods him, Benny replies "I'm thinking, I'm thinking."  In the end, I decided opt for survival and pay the $48.61 to my good friends at Target.  I could only afford one pair, and so I will make sure I wash the long-johns at least once a month. Hopefully it will warm up soon.  I hate it when your co-workers know when you are approaching just by your smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment