Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicago Then And Now


I recently treated myself to a new paperback book titled "Chicago Then And Now."  It shows photographs of Chicago the way it used to look years ago (back when my friend Stuart lived there), and what the same scene looks like today.  Having grown up in Chicago,  I find this book fascinating.  I just love looking at these old photos of the city.  Stuart has often tried to describe to me what it was like, but it is just not the same as a photograph.  And while we are on the subject, I have great news for all you Chicago buffs.  The 2014 CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) Calendar is now available to download onto your computer (for free, no less) at the CTA's official website.  The calendar has some great black and white images from a time that even Stuart doesn't remember.  Be sure to go to www.transitchicago.com/about/historicalcalendar.aspx and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment