Thursday, February 13, 2014

More Blog Posts From Cheyanne!


Cheyanne - daughter of my friend Valarie and a Peace Corps volunteer - has posted more news from Mozambique on her Blog.  This is her second posting in the past two weeks, and I believe this sets a personal Blog record for Cheyanne (third from the left in the photograph above, taken with some fellow Peace Corps volunteers in Maputo).  In any case, she discusses how the Peace Corp and its volunteers are launching a campaign to help increase literacy among grade school children in Mozambique.  Cheyanne sent me a Facebook message telling me to check out her new post, and I get the feeling she thinks she doesn't have all that many readers. Hopefully my millions of Blog followers will go to www.timeinmozambique.blogspot.com and catch up on Cheyanne's doings in Mozambique and give her some positive feedback on the great work she is doing there, despite the fact that she spends every weekend at the beach.

3 comments:

  1. Hello from the east coast! Having found your blog purely by accident I became enthralled reading your daily posts and commitment to do so. I'm thinking we are around the same age after viewing the old photos of your beautiful mother and yourself. I am impressed with your tenacity after losing your job at the book store and becoming of all things a mailman with having to work in all kinds of weather and with living in your neck of the woods, I'm glad you bought yourself some long underwear. I was happy when you left that job, it somehow wasn't you. You also have some very nice friends who have stuck by you through thick and thin, after all what are friends for. So ah...when are you and your friend Valarie gonna tie the knot? lol Just saying. From what I can see no one has ever commented, so I wanted to be the first. Also would like to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!
    A fan from Wilmington, NC,
    Alison Perkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind comments, Alison. I really appreciate it. It's nice to know there are people out there who actually look at the Blog and like it. As for Valarie, we are just friends, so I don't think tying the knot is in our future. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

      Delete