Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life At 19 Below...


The official low temperature was 19 below zero here in Denver yesterday.  Of course, that was the low at Denver International Airport, which is located close to the Kansas border, while at the University of Denver light rail stop and bus station  it was a balmy 9 below, enjoyed by the usual cast of characters at the stop. The woman with the whining daughter was there (actually, I was whining on the inside myself), as was the young guy talking, as usual, to his wife on his cell phone ("I should have done that, yes, yes, sorry, I love you, goodbye").  There was also what might have been a pretty young girl wearing an orange stocking cap at the stop, although it was hard to tell since only her right eye was visible.  We actually only had to wait 15 minutes for the bus, which is far better than what my old friends at the Highlands Ranch Post Office had to deal with, having to work out of doors all day, as well as several hours after sunset.  If I was still there, I would have thrown myself in a mail hamper and refused to come out. I wonder if that is a federal offense?

No comments:

Post a Comment