Monday, August 25, 2014

Just Not The Same...


This month I missed two of my favorite August events - the Golden Fine Arts Festival in Golden, Colorado, and Dancing in the Streets (known locally as Drinking in the Streets) in Stuart, Florida.  The Golden Fine Arts Festival was held last weekend, when my sister Susan and I were in Stuart, Florida, getting our condo there ready to re-rent, and Stuart's Dancing in the Streets festival was held this past weekend, after we had returned to Denver.  Here in Denver the only event I wanted to attend was AARP Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens, and since it ended at 5:00 P.M. on Friday, I missed it.  Plus, I'll be damned if it wasn't raining, too.  If we had only traveled to Florida this past weekend instead of the weekend before, we would have been able to attend both events, but it was my sister Susan and brother-in-law George's 45th wedding anniversary, and they wanted to spend it together.  They are evidently pretty sentimental about things like that.  I myself am not, which is probably why I have been divorced for all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment