Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tropical Acres!


My sister Susan and I had to return our Hertz rental car before heading back to the airport and Denver, and needed to find a gas station to fill up the tank so we would avoid paying the $20 per gallon penalty.  Happily, we found a gas station in Dania Beach, Florida, and I took the above photograph as I pulled out after filling up.  The sign says "Tropical Acres, Established 1949," and I assumed it was an historic settlement of tough old Florida Crackers, picturesquely located just under the main runways of Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport.  In point of fact, Tropical Acres turned out to be a steakhouse - an expensive one at that.  Obviously not a place I will ever visit or feature on this Blog.  Not that I am a cheapskate - just frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment