Sunday, August 24, 2014

Still Another Senior Perk!


I went down to Coors Field on my lunch break yesterday to buy a "Rockpile" ticket (the outfield bleacher seats) for that night's game between the Colorado Rockies and the Miami Marlins.  Since it was the day of the game, I was eligible for the $1.00 over 55 price.  Plus, as an added bonus, the ticket agent actually asked if I was over 55, God bless her.  She did think it was funny that I had to pay with a credit card, but that's okay.  We frugal people are used to that kind of reaction.  In any case, because I need to catch up at work, I didn't arrive until the end of the 7th inning, but the game went until the bottom of the 13th inning, so I was able to get my dollar's worth of baseball for the evening.  And by the way, the Rockies, the 2nd worst team in baseball this year, actually won the game.  Talk about "win win."

No comments:

Post a Comment