Monday, September 11, 2017

Hurricane Damage



I truly thought my sister Susan and my condo in Stuart, Florida would be safe from damage, but no such luck.  I got a call from my tenant yesterday afternoon during the hurricane (and just who makes phone calls during the middle of a hurricane?  My tenants, evidently) telling me that the rugs were soaked in both bedrooms.  With all the damage reported down there, it will be hard to find someone to make repairs.  Of course, people in the Florida Keys and along the west coast of Florida are faring far worse, but I still was surprised by the storm's reach.  In any case, I took the above self portrait of myself in front of our first floor condo, and the eastern wall that allowed all that water through a probable crack between the wall and foundation.  Where are all the This Old House people when you need them?

No comments:

Post a Comment