Thursday, October 8, 2020

The Coelacanth



As I have mentioned many times on this blog, I sometimes like to take the bus from my condo near the University of Denver up to Colfax, and from there walk down 17th Avenue to Union Station in Lower Downtown Denver, and the light rail train home. The street has become a hipster hangout, and I always enjoy watching hipsters in their native habitat. On one such walk, I noticed the mural in the photograph above titled "The Coelacanth." This is evidently a large fish (over 6 feet long) that has been around for 400 million years, lives on the bottom of the ocean, and according to the mural, is "still truckin'." Is it me, or does this seem like a weird subject for a mural? Especially in a city a thousand miles from the sea. I will never understand hipsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment