Sunday, October 18, 2020

Time For The Snowbirds To Return


I got a newsletter the other day from the Monterey Yacht and Country Club, which is located in Stuart, Florida, where my mother Mary lived for almost 30 years. My sister Susan and I inherited her condo, and now rent it out to pay the expenses. The newsletter is issued monthly during "the season," when most owners stay down there, and so it must mean that the "snowbirds" are on their way. My mother, seen in the above photo on the right, and her friend Marion, on the left, lived there year round, and I think they both preferred the summers, hot as they were, since the place was far less crowded. Summer was also the time I preferred to visit. Not only could you play golf on the par 3, nine hole course (where my mother and Marion are posing in the photo) without signing up in advance, but you could also have dinner along the water while it was still light outside, and actually enjoy the view. I miss those days very much. Once this damn coronavirus is over, it will definitely be time to head back down there for a long visit. I just hope our tenants won't mind us crashing there for a few months, and that they like dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment