Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!


Today is Halloween, traditionally the scariest day on the calendar, although considering everything that has happened this year, October 31st pales in comparison. Due to the coronavirus, both trick or treating and large events are being discouraged, but Halloween is still Halloween, and always brings back happy memories. I took the above photograph of my mother Mary and sister Susan in front of a shop window in downtown Stuart, Florida many years ago, when Susan and I were there visiting. We used to head down to Stuart quite often around Halloween - the temperatures had begun to cool, the snowbirds had yet to materialize for the winter, and there was no waiting for a table by the water at the local restaurants. A perfect time to visit. I wish I was down there now, coronavirus or no coronavirus.

No comments:

Post a Comment