Friday, October 30, 2020

The October Issue of Chicago Magazine


As regular blog readers know, I grew up in Chicago, but now live in Denver. However, I still subscribe to Chicago Magazine, which helps me stay in touch with what is happening back home. I recently read (belatedly, of course, I know) "28 Fun Things To Do This Fall," this month's featured article. This is a lie, of course. Most of the things they suggest seem to be virtual, online kind of activities. This is NOT fun. It is necessary, of course, due to the coronavirus, but fun? No way. Chicago Magazine has a North Side bias, by the way, which really irritates me, since I was born and raised on the South Side of that city. When they have their best pizza in town issue each year, seldom do they mention a South Side establishment. Vito and Nicks, a South Side legend, was recently named by a national publication as the 48th best pizza parlor in the nation, but has Chicago Magazine ever mentioned it? No! They recommend places on the North Side that serve pies with toppings like kale and tripe. What is WRONG with those Northsiders?

No comments:

Post a Comment