Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Boo At The Zoo Part II






As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Friday to take some photographs, even though it was a bit on the chilly side. I was happy to see that despite this, the lions were all out and about, including the twin lion cubs. During the summer, these cubs, more times than not, hid in the shade and slept, trying to avoid the sun and extreme heat. These cubs do not make eye contact very often, and so I was very lucky to photograph one of them looking right at me, as seen in the photo on the left.





I took a number of photos of the cubs cavorting about, and then made another circuit of the zoo (you need to follow a preset, one way path these days, thanks to the coronavirus). On my second pass, the lions had  been given bones to chew on, to which they gave their undivided attention, until the doors to their heated, inside compound opened and they rushed off to get dinner and enjoy a little TV (I hear the lions are big fans of PBS, especially the nature programs). Not surprising at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment