Sunday, May 30, 2021

A Tip For Florida Tourists


Tomorrow is Memorial Day, and it reminds me that whenever my sister Susan and I would visit my mother Mary down in Stuart, Florida during the month of May, I would make good and sure we flew back home either on or close to that holiday. I really like Florida in the summertime. You get used to the heat and humidity, and there is always a fresh breeze off the ocean at Stuart Beach, where the above photograph of my sister and mother was taken back in 1999. July and August are wonderful months to visit. There is usually a mid-afternoon thunderstorm every day, but it quickly ends, and then the sun comes back out. However, during the month of June, it seems to rain 24/7, at least whenever I have been down in Stuart. If anyone out there has plans to visit Florida, I strongly suggest you avoid that particular month, unless you are from the UK or somewhere like that, and want it to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment