Thursday, May 27, 2021

Dinner With Stuart At Old Chicago


I had dinner yesterday afternoon with my friend Stuart (seen in the photograph above) on the patio of the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in exotic, but mind-numbingly boring Lakewood, Colorado. The upstairs patio was reserved for a private party (the hostess mentioned something about a Kardashian family get-together), and so instead we got a table on the first floor patio overlooking the parking lot. In any case, the talk turned to baseball, and both Stuart's team, the Chicago Cubs (Stuart is from the Northside of Chicago) and my Southside heros, the Chicago White Sox (I am, of course, proudly from Chicago's Southside), are doing well this year, although whenever I watch a White Sox game these days, they seem to struggle. Should I stop watching, and allow them to go all the way to the World Series, or keep on tuning in and watch them collapse? Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment