Friday, May 21, 2021

More Farm Animal Photos From The Littleton Museum





As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, this past Wednesday afternoon  I visited the Littleton Museum, which not surprisingly is located in Littleton, Colorado, an historic town from the 1860s just to the south of Denver. The best part of this museum are the two farms - one from the 1860s and one from the 1890s - which feature a variety of farm animals, such as the goat in the photograph on the left.






I took photographs of horses, pigs, cows, sheep, goats, and a steer, seen in the photograph on the right.  Since the National Western Stock Show has been canceled two years in a row because of the coronavirus, the Littleton Museum is the best opportunity to take photographs of farm animals. Of course, during the stock show, the National Western Grand Champion Steer is invited to the Brown Palace Hotel for high tea. I have always wanted to take photographs of that event, but will now have to wait until January. Hopefully, I will be able to get a seat at the same table as that steer. And to do that, I will probably have to show up early - very early.




No comments:

Post a Comment