Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Bike Ride To The 16th Street Mall


I took a 4th of July bike ride yesterday morning from my condo across the street from the University of Denver to the 16th Street Mall, which is currently undergoing a major renovation. I must say, there were a lot more people out and about than I expected, since there are major areas fenced off all along the street, forcing pedestrians to walk through narrow passageways to get to their destinations. There are many empty storefronts along the mall, thanks to both the construction and the lack of office workers since the end of the pandemic. Of course, a lot of cities are experiencing similar problems, but at least here in Denver people are still showing up on weekends and holidays. And will things ever get back to the way they were before the pandemic? I am sure they will, but I am worried that by then I will be too old to bike down here. However, that's the opinion of a born pessimist, so take it with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment