Sunday, July 9, 2023

Bayside And The Miami Hard Rock Cafe






Back in August of 1984, my sister Susan, mother Mary, and I drove to Miami from Stuart, Florida to see the sights. We went to Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, and also stopped at Bayside, in downtown Miami, to walk around that open air, Biscayne Bay fronted mall, and to allow Susan to buy a tee-shirt from the Miami Hard Rock Cafe that her husband George had requested. I took the photograph on the left as she entered that restaurant, looking up at the back end of a 1960s era Cadillac over the entrance that looked like it was about to fall down on her. I checked online, and that Hard Rock Cafe is still there, although whether or not the Caddy ever did fall down onto restaurant patrons I do not know. If it did, it probably would have hurt almost as much as the loud music they play inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment