Saturday, July 8, 2023

Europe 2023 - Is It As Crowded As They Say?


Almost all of the travel articles I have read this year say that people are heading to Europe in droves, making for very crowded conditions. So many Americans are heading there that there is a major backlog if you need to apply for a passport. I can't imagine what it must be like to travel there now, considering that when my sister Susan and I travelled to France and Italy back in May of 2019, which is when I took the above photograph, it was crowded as hell even then. Susan had to leave the Louve almost as soon as we got there due to the crowds, and a guided tour of the Vatican Museum was through wall to wall people. Perhaps if you are planning to head to Europe, you might consider going in December or January. The crowds might have thinned by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment