Friday, July 21, 2023

Tubing Down Clear Creek




Thanks to the combination of daily temperatures close to 100 degrees and strong spring runoff, Clear Creek in downtown Golden, Colorado has become quite the hot spot - pun intended - for tubers this summer. It was even crowded this past Monday afternoon, when I took the photograph on the left.  I assume most of those tubers were college students on summer break, although I suppose it could also have been members of the "Great Resignation" generation, who have found a way to quit their jobs and still pay their bills (probably by holding up 7-Elevens, but that's just a guess). I didn't see too many retirees out there on the water, even though 80 is now the new 40, as I keep telling my sister Susan.





There were a lot of people swimming in the water, too, as well as falling into that water from their tubes and kayaks. Just down river from here is the Coors Brewery, the largest single brewery in the world. Coors takes the water that all those people have been playing in, and uses it to make such brands as Coors Light. The company brags that it is this water that gives their beer its special flavor. I understand that the beer-making process involves heating the product to temperatures of 100 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit, so I am pretty sure it is perfectly healthful. But as for taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment