Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Can The First Snowfall Be Far Behind?



It has been cold and rainy here in Denver since Saturday, and more of the same is predicted through the end of the week.  It has already started snowing in the mountains, and I think there is a good chance we will be seeing our first snowfall very soon.  Snow in Denver in September is not unusual, and the average first snow is in October, which amazingly enough is only 4 days away.  In keeping with the spirit of things, I am posting a photograph of (from left to right) my sister Susan, mother Mary, and me, taken during a snowstorm in 1983 in front of Printemps Denver, which had recently opened on South Broadway here in Denver.  If you know Denver at all, you know that South Broadway is not all that upscale, and was much less so back then. How somebody convinced a famous Paris department store to put a branch there is beyond me.  Granted, it wasn't there long, but still. I am glad I never met that salesperson, because I would probably still be making payments even today on London Bridge (not the famous one, or the one in Arizona, just a London Bridge). And probably from London, Ontario, not London, England, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment