Tuesday, September 19, 2017

East Side - West Side



As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, I spent part of the afternoon this past Saturday at Stanley Marketplace in Aurora, which is the suburb just to the east of Denver.  Since it was still early when I left, I decided to hop on Interstate 70 and head to Golden, which sits up against the foothills west of Denver, for a few hours, too. Golden is a former gold rush town founded in 1859, and is protected from the rest of the Denver metropolitan area by the butte seen in the top left photograph above.  Golden is one of my favorite towns, and is filled with historic homes and neighborhoods  like the one in photograph on the top right.  One of the things I like best about the town is that the owner of the 1880s era home in the photograph on the bottom left decided to put a beer garden (seen in the bottom right photo) in his back yard.  It is called the Golden City Brewery, and is the second largest brewery in Golden after Coors.  The place is packed with neighborhood residents, students from the Colorado School of Mines, and visitors like me, all enjoying a late summer afternoon surrounded by the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.  How great is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment