Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Downtown Scene



I walked downtown from the local Denver bookstore where I work both Thursday and Friday nights, a distance of about 3 miles.  It really isn't much of a workout, but better than nothing.  When I got to the 16th Street Mall, the place was hopping, both nights.  I was not surprised about Friday night being busy, but it seemed to me that people were in weekend mode on Thursday, too.  Since I live across the street from the University of Denver, I am used to students in party mode on Thursday evenings.  Classes are Monday through Thursday at D.U., and so they let loose on Thursday nights and head to the mountains (especially during ski season) Fridays.  However, it seems to becoming a trend everywhere now.  I wonder if this is because so many people work part-time jobs now that the 3 day weekend is becoming more common. Less hours, no health care, and the only benefit being that 3 day weekend.  The good along with the bad, I guess..

No comments:

Post a Comment