Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Cable Center



The Cable Center, seen in the photograph above, is located on the University of Denver campus, just across the street and down the block from my condo.  It was being built just as was buying the place, and I kept watching it's progress to see if it was going to block my view of the mountains.  Fortunately, it topped out with my view still intact, and I stopped paying attention.  The Cable Center was originally supposed to be a cable museum, and they were going to show movies on one of their outside walls to better interact with and serve the community.  As I recall, they did that exactly once.  Whether or not it is still a cable museum I don't know.  It's main function now is as an event space, and they seem to have a wedding reception there every week or so, which is what is going on in the photograph above.  I have never attended an event there, and probably never will, although I have been tempted to crash a few weddings.  But then I would have to put on my suit, shine my shoes, etc. etc.  What a pain, unless you are the one getting married, and even then...

No comments:

Post a Comment