Friday, September 1, 2017

Evocative Alleys



I am still taking the bus to work every chance I get, and then walking the 3 miles or so in the evenings to the light rail station at Denver's Union Station.  The neighborhoods I walk through were built in the late 1800s, and therefore that is the era that the alleys behind the houses in these areas are from, too.  A number of these alleys have carriage houses that have been converted to homes, and the view from here has always fascinated me.  It reminds me a bit of the movie Rear Window, in which Jimmy Stewart recovers from a broken leg in his apartment, and spends his days watching the backyard scene through his binoculars.  Doing this, he uncovers a murder, and eventually the murderer (Raymond Burr, no less, and I am very surprised at him) comes after Stewart, and almost succeeds in killing him, too.  On second thought, perhaps walking through those old 19th century alleys is not a good idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment