Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hurricane Damage Update - Good News!



At least for me, anyway.  It sounds like the Florida Keys have been leveled by Hurricane Irma, and my heart goes out to all those people who are now homeless thanks to that horrible storm.  For me personally, however, I found out yesterday that the damage to my sister and my condo in Stuart, Florida was wildly exaggerated. The damage consists only of a damp carpet, and nothing more.  How wonderful is that?  What is basically our family's last home is still standing with virtually no damage.  And sunset over the St. Lucie River, just a short walk from the condo, is still as beautiful as ever.  We are so lucky.  Of course, that hellish Hurricane Jose is still out there in the Atlantic, lurking around, but nothing new there, as regular Blog readers know.  But for now, I definitely count our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment