Saturday, January 20, 2018

Fire And Fury



The local Denver bookstore where I work finally received a large supply of Fire and Fury, the infamous new book about the Trump White House.  If we had the book a week ago, we could have sold every copy, but now that the "fury" seems to have died down, I have to wonder how many we will sell.  I couldn't help but notice that the Trump book is separated from Hillary Clinton's book What Happened by The Newcomers, a book about immigrants in the classroom. A funny coincidence, or some bookstore employee being clever?  Beats me.  In any case, I think I am going to skip Fire and Fury.  More and more I prefer fiction to reality.  Reality is always mostly depressing, while if you pick the right books, fiction always ends happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment